Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Letter to my Brother

Dear brother I am writing you this letter
In hopes that one day you will choose to live better
You see I don't want to see you locked behind bars
Trying to get to this street money and fast cars
Why? When your potential could be used for so much more?
It's never too late to change
but one looks at age and grows ashamed .
Because nobody wants to make minimum wage .
But you have to remember everybody has to start somewhere .
Everybody that has achieved success has suffered and then been blessed.
But your life is worth much more than this temporary lifestyle
I just wish you could see what I see in you some way, some how.
This is a letter to my brother
soon these streets will have claimed another
I just hope you realize this before your life gets cut short,
By an enemy behind a trigger or a judge sentencing you life in court.
Dear brother I'm writing you this letter,
but I can only pray that one day you'll choose live your life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment