Monday, March 18, 2013

Childhood Memories

Age of innocence , Im still a little girl growing up in what I would soon find out is an ugly world.
Momma's got a new boyfriend , he's about to be her husband
I'm glad she's finally found herself a suitable companion, after all everybody deserves a happily ever ending.
Life seemed like a utopia everything was great but this did not last long before it became a dystopia.
It started out with restrictions Im no longer allowed to do this nor this.
Then things got worse he began to constantly yell and curse.
To add to my nightmare he began giving beatings like a slave he beat me until I was senseless, why did momma allow this to go on?
While that was a pain to me nothing was a bad as what he had in store a few years ahead .
Once I hit puberty he began to develop a liking to me, where's momma? She's not around. She can't hear my screams of terror, it's like a TV on mute she never heard a sound.
I'll tell her what he's done to her one and only daughter , but momma chooses to listen to the words and ignore her, it's her husband over her.
Years go by and she's still married to a man that she allowed verbally, physically, and sexually abuse me.
I will never understand why momma would let him do this to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment